Your skin can go through a few changes and start showing signs of aging in your 40’s. These can include:
- Frown lines & crow’s feet starting to deepen.
- Lines around lips are starting to show.
- Nasolabial fold more noticeable
- Loss of firmness in cheeks and face
- Fine lines in areas of the face.
- Loss of elasticity in skin.
- Skin looks lack lustre, dry & dehydrated.
- Stress & tension on the face.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture treatments for our clients in their 40’s focus upon stimulating the production of collagen and elastin in your face resulting in softening of lines & wrinkles and bringing back volume & firmness to the soft tissue of the face.
- Treatments will be used to increase blood circulation and movement through your face to oxygenate and revitalise the cells hydrating brightening and bringing a glow back to your skin.
- If you present with weakened or droopy muscles motor point needling of the facial muscles will be introduced to lift and tome them.
- Anti aging with targeted areas: 6 – 8 treatments, once per week.
- Every 6 to 8 weeks.
Each cosmetic acupuncture treatment is tailored exactly to an individual clients needs and presenting concerns so no two treatments are the same.
Weeks 1 & 2
Our experience in the clinic with patients are that results of softened, hydrated and glowing skin are visible within 1 – 2 weeks. The most common feedback we receive is that even after the first treatment our clients find that their skin has become more supple and easier to manage. Their skin hydrated and dryness disappears – this is due to the blood flow that arrives instantly to the face and skin during facial acupuncture boosting oxygen and nutrient transfer to the skin by oxygenating the cells. Colour in the face will be increased and a brightening of the complexion. Working on motor points will result in the muscles of the face being more relaxed and tension in the brow and jaw line is softened.
Weeks 3 & 4
A tightening and lifting sensation in the muscles can be noted in previously weakened droopy muscles. The skin feels softer, more refined and large pores are minimised. A number of women tell us at this point that their makeup is looking nicer and staying on longer – this is due to the increased skin hydration. Fine lines on the face are beginning to soften and the skin is visibly tauter.
Weeks 5 to 7
The results of stimulating collagen becomes apparent. The skin around the cheeks and mouth feel tighter and lines are softening. The face looks and feels plumper and the soft tissue of the face feels firmer with more density. In targeted areas where there has been a loss of volume there is visible and palpable plumping out. A clients eyes may feel brighter and more opened and muscles in the face will feel lifted.
Weeks 8 to 12
The best and most noticeable overall changes can be expected to occur between weeks 8 – 12. The clients skin continues to feel firmer and denser opening up the nasolabial fold. The face continues to feel firmer and denser. Lines on the face have softened and the skin looks taut, plump & hydrated. Lines have softened and skin looks plump, hydrated and taut. Ones complexion is more even and smoother and pores are smaller.